Sunday, April 1, 2007

Moment of Inspiration

Over the past few weeks I have been learning hard-surface modeling with NURBS and Solids using a program called Moment of Inspiration, or MoI. This program is currently in beta and was created by a talented guy named Michael Gibson, one of the creators of another popular modeling package called Rhino 3D. As a way of contributing to the community that will inevitably grow around this digital content creation tool, I have decided to record and share some of my learning experiences as I model using these surfaces.

As a side benefit to sharing these videos I hope to receive constructive criticism and tips from more experienced modelers, so feel free to leave a comment.



Posted here is my first video tutorial focused on the creation of a simple column, which is just the first step towards creating a temple in MoI to be exported and rendered within Autodesk's Maya using Mental Ray.

Format: Quicktime at 800x600
Length: 00:08:02
Size: 8.97MB

1 comment:

Mattias Lindberg said...

Awesome short tutorial. Fillet on curve points = genius.